- Serres’ official municipal population is estimated around 175,000.
- Tourisits should definitely visit the archaeological sights of Amfipoli and the monument of Kasta Tomb.
- Serres is known for is lush vegetation and mesmerizing biotops such as the wetland of Lake Kerkini, which is part of the European Network “Natura 2000”.
- The cave of Alistrati is one of most beautiful and largest caves in Greece, with stalactites and stalagmites that began to develop 2,000,000 years ago.
- The beautiful nature offers visitors a variety of outodoor activities